Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Pop" That "Top" Purses






When I lived in Rio de Janeiro for two months in early 2006 during Carneval season, I was hanging out on Copacabana Beach with a friend and a vendor (one of dozens upon dozens every day) who had something unique-recycled pop-top purses. I decided to get a little small scale business going through him and put in an order and see if I could sell some back home. The petite ones have moved here and there though I have generally put in little effort on the process. But they have sold well in local boutiques in Portland when I was still there and some here, as well as on eBay and Craigslist. When I returned in late 2007 for a few weeks I had him do some of a deluxe prototype that he gave me the first time around and those have moved very well in the past year and I am running out of them but still have a few left. More info about the artist and the purses are now stored on this link:

http://recycledartwork.ning.com/profile/Ricardo

The guy who started this site saw them listed on Craigslist and asked me to get involved and share this unusual type of art accessory. So if you or anyone you know would be interested in one or more of them, send me a message. Tchau.

No comments: